the uprising band
- POT-A-RICE - BASS
- BLAKK KUSH - DRUMS
- AKINSANYA - KEYBOARDS
- JEFYS GRAHAM - KEYBOARDS
- JUNIOR CONGO - PERCUSSIONS
- PHILLIP - GUITARS
- ODEAN - ROAD MANAGER
- D. HAMILTON - CEO
- VOLOME C - ARTISTE/ENGINEER
Uprising signifies defiance and assertiveness in actions to bring forth progressive and positive change amongst humanity. The Uprising Band utilizes music as its medium to harmonize all races, class, and creed spreading the universal message of love and equality. The Uprising Band now presents hypnotic roots, rock, and revolutionary sounds to shake the world, inspire the people and keep them skanking and dancing.
Conceptualized on January 1st 2006, this dynamic and formidable group shown below consists of six diverse members with the versatility to adapt to all musical forms.
Rashawn McAnuff “Black Kush” (drums)
Ruel Ashburn “Pot A Rice” (bass)
Lloyd Palmer “Akinsanya” (keyboards)
Philip Porter “Small Axe” ( guitar)
Jeffrys Graham “Keysy” (Keyboards)
Joseph Sutherland “Junior” (percussion)
We have gained and continue to command the greatest respect from other artistes. They have confidence in our ability to deliver the diverse musical accompaniment they need. We have become competent and proficient as a result of hard work and wide exposure. Our experience has resulted in a keen ear for adapting to the sounds of different musical genres. Uprising we are!!
We enjoy playing interesting, entertaining, and uplifting music with good musicians and singers. We intend to remain a well-respected band with the ability to do live performances at hotels, shows, concerts, and pageants as well as recording, a band whose shows are unique, entertaining, exciting and appropriate for all ages and venues.
PERFORMANCES TO DATE
Gyptian, Nitty Kutchie, Marlon Asher in concert,Suriname '08
* Performance with Gyptian, Barbados ’07.
* Performances with D’Angel, Aisha, L.U.S.T. and Delly Ranks at D’Angel’s Up-close and personal Asylum Night Club.
* Performances with Natural Black, I-Wayne, Turbulence, Teflon, Lenn Hammond, Eazy Wayne, Hero, Nesbeth, Jah Thunder, Prophecy, Renegade, Little David, Terry Linen, Fire Passion, Sugar Minott, Stream, Kapri, Bankroft, Lutan Fyah, Notch, Demarco, at Black My Story (Jamaica) ‘08
* Performance with Gyptian in Suriname, ’07.
* Performance with Lady Saw, Prince Alla and Empress at The Village Café, 07
* Performance at the Roots FM stage show (Jamaica) with Prince Alla, Warrior King,
Edi Fitzroy, among others, ’07.
* Performance with Gyptian in Turk and Caicos, ’07.
* Gyptian in concert (three country tour), Martinique, French Guyana, Guadeloupe ’07.
* Caribbean Cultural Fest, Nassau Bahamas ’06.
* Reggae in the Hills, featuring Sugar Minott and friends, Jamaica ‘06
* Performances by PRINCE ALLA, VISION and D’BBLUSHH at the Village Café, The Roof and Weekenz respectively, Jamaica ’06.
* TO-ISIS album launch, Jamaica ’06.
* SMILE JAMAICA TVJ appearance featuring TO-ISIS, Jamaica ’06.
Focusing on releasing, singles and albums featuring various artistes being managed by DP&B Entertainment Company Ltd including Elijah Prophet, Volume C, Vania, Ishmael Mclaw, and Matthew McAnuff. Additionally working on projects with Winston McAnuff, Eazy Wayne and Lenn Hammond.
The World is our stage. Join us!
The Uprising Band